OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 18 Aug 2007 16:50:13 -0500673_iso-8859-1 The waters have receded lower than ever at WBSP. It appears that the shorebird numbers are building again.

Knapp Road
Black bellied plover (molting)
Lesser Yellowlegs-12
Semipalmated S.2-4
Least 5
Killdeer 40+
Great Egret-1
Pectoral-3
DCCO-8

Cableline Road (creek mudflat)

Green Herons-8
Lesser Yellowlegs
Killdeer
Wild turkey-12-15
Solitary S. -3

Rock Springs launch
RBGU
Semipalmated plover-2
Killdeer

East end launch nearest the dam. There were several modest flocks of peeps and Killdeers working the shore, east of boat launch. Hordes of mixed swallows on the open water. [...]40_18Aug200716:50:[log in to unmask]