OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 29 Sep 2009 07:16:10 -0700571_iso-8859-1 Thanks to Rob's post I headed to Alum lake beach just before dawn this morning and located four Franklin's Gulls (juveniles) mixed in with the hundreds of Ring-bills and occasional Herring. I also saw a nice breeding plumage common tern. Unfortunately the Franklin's took flight just as I was getting enough light for a decently crisp photo (took a few low light ones that are a bit rough). The gulls appeared to be feeding on the far side of the reservoir, but it was more difficult to ID them that far away in flight. Hopefully they will will come back [...]56_29Sep200907:16:[log in to unmask]