OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2007

Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:33:44 -0500
 Hi all,
         Got a call from Tim and Laura Dornan who were doing winter bird atlasing in Coshocton County today and found some interesting birds in the more wooded area. They do not have access to a computer at their getaway place. So here goes:

At Coshocton County Road 2 and 286 were: 1 Gray Catbird, 2 Hermit Thrushes and some American Robins all feeding on rose hips in a Multiflora Rose thicket.

On Coshocton County Road 4 about .7 mile south of 541 they found a Northern Shrike.

Nothing really rare but possibly interesting to those who live not too far away. Sounds like a good Shrike winter for Ohio or maybe there are more people out there" looking for birds in all the right places" ( reminds me of a song).

That's all folks,
Shari Jackson