From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:29:58 -0400
Don't you just LOVE SPRING???
Today, at the Mercer Wildlife Area, south of Celina, there was a Mute Swan
(Invasive but still neat to see)!
Many, many Northern Shovelers.
And our first little yellow goslings!!! Eight of them were swimming quickly
trying to follow Mom and Dad with Uncles and Aunts in tow as well!
The A Kestrels are "thinking" and getting closer to entering the nest box!
The Great Blue Herons are incubating!!!
The Redtail Hawk is sticking close to the nest, maybe hatched, not sure (too
busy watching bigger nests ;-)  )
And I saw TWO FUZZY gray heads in the Eagle nest!!
The Prairie Creek nest has also hatched! And I was able to see at least ONE
baby there!
Tree Swallows are scoping out and beginning their nesting activities.
On a lesser note, there was a flock of 200-300 Double Crested Cormorants
heading for the Lake from a hidden wetland.
And the little Coot look so prim and proper in their dark suits and black
hats as they run across the grassy areas heading for a splash in the water.
We had a Mallard nest that had 11 eggs BUT it has been destroyed - probably
a raccoon! Darn!
But that's Mother Nature!

Remember tomorrow is EARTH DAY!! Please do something special for our
planet!! Pick up some trash or learn to recycle as much as you can.
This is the ONLY PLANET we have or will have and at some point we must learn
to STOP ABUSING IT!!!!

Thanks for listening to my Soap Box Speech!

Happy Birding,

Jill Bowers