OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
Jim White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:02:37 -0400
Hello All,

 I managed to get out to do some birding today. I went to Hogback Road, in
Delaware County. This is the same spot where the Osprey nests are.  The
water level in Alum Creek is very low, making for great shorebird viewing.
Today's list was:

 Killdeer, too many to count.
 Osprey:   2 flying in the area.
 Great Egrets
 Great Blue Herons
 Least Sandpipers
 Greater & Lesser Yellowlegs
 Turkey Vultures
 Semipalmated Sandpipers
 Baird's Sandpiper
 Wilsons Snipe
 Pectoral Sandpiper
 I'm sure there were more out there that I missed. I did have some help
with the ID of all the sandpipers, from 2 birders that were there.
 Good Birding,
  Jim White