OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2008

From:
Bruce Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:17:29 -0800
Greetings folks,

For the last decade or so I've started off the new year working on a January list. Now that I've retired and supposedly have the time, it has yet to happen this year.... I guess there is still time although my new friend (and almost neighbor), Ryan Steiner already had over 90 species by Saturday when he helped us on our Millersburg CBC!! - not bad for 5 days.

The Millersburg CBC again hit the rain date, with light drizzle or more for much of the day. However, with over 100 birders out there in the rain, the count still reached 89. There were also at least 4 count week birds and a Sora on January 1st which just missed count week.Two Northern Shrikes, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and a Pine Warbler were probably the best birds. There was also a beautiful Oregon Junco which has been coming to a feeder near Millersburg.

For the first time ever, four CBCs here in The Bobolink area reached 87-89 totals. That's quite amazing and deserves looking into. These included record counts at Ragersville, Wilmot, and Wooster.

Keep up the good reporting and don't forget to check the Bobolink RBA if you're coming down this way. 330-763-5110

Bruce Glick - Holmes County

  Bruce

  Bruce Glick
  Millersburg, Ohio