Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:59:22 EDT
Hello!

Earlier this evening before Suzan Jervey's retirement party, I started
birding the front part of the pet trail when I clearly saw a Golden-Winged  Warbler
foraging in the top of the old orchard trees next to a singing  Blue-Winged
Warbler.  I immediately called other folks, some of whom were  on their way to
the party, and was joined by Bruce Miller, Ken and Julie Davis,  and Dan
Sanders.  We could not relocate the Golden-Winged but did see the  following
additional birds in the immediate area:

Yellow Warbler-3
Yellow-Rumped Warbler-several
Black and White Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Nashville Warbler-2
Black-Throated Green Warbler
Northern Parula
White-Eyed Vireo
Baltimore Oriole
Brown Thrasher
Swamp Sparrow
White-Throated Sparrow-several
House Wren
Gray Catbird
Chimney Swift
Eastern Towhee-3
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

At about 8:30 PM, we went into the Nature Center for Suzan's party, and Ken
and Julie later left to go out to observe the Woodcocks.  While observing
numerous displaying Woodcocks, Ken came hurriedly back into the Nature  Center to
tell us all that he and Julie were hearing two Whip-Poor-Wills  calling. A
large group of us all went out and were treated to the 2 calling in  the area of
the old orchard.  Suzan also informed us that a  Rose-Breasted Grosbeak was
observed at the Nature Center feeders earlier in the  day.  All in all,
combined with Ben Warner's post from earlier in the day,  a great day of birding at
Highbanks!  Direction to Highbanks are on the OOS  web site and at
_www.metroparks.net_ (http://www.metroparks.net) .

Rob Lowry
Powell, Ohio

listings at AOL Autos.