From:
Jack Hickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Hickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:22:46 -0400
We are watching a pair of red breasted nuthatch nesting in a dead pine tree
at the first parking lot on Christman Rd going south. Walk down the road
towards the boat launch area at this lot about 50 yards to a
yellow "caution gas line" post. The tree is just opposite, leaning towards
road. The nest is in tne top hole of several , facing NW to WNW. On same
side as gas line post are several Green Herons beginning to build nests
from there all the way to the end of the pines at the boat launch parking
area. Also we have seen pine and palm warblers, yellow rump and yellow,
king birds and ruby crowned kinglet. Saw a golden crowned two weeks ago but
not since.