From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:10:55 -0400
        My last Ohio Cardinal, following my removal by the OOS as editor after
ten years, was finally printed two weeks ago. Subscribers will get a
copy in the fullness of time. Anyone--subscriber or not--who'd like one
right now may get an electronic version by asking me, whereupon I'll
send a pdf file of the fall 2007 issue (2532 KB). The photos will not be
as sharp as they are in the printed version, but they're OK.
        Contents (68 pp) include 29 pp of seasonal bird observation reports
(based on contributions by 271 Ohio observers), a time-machine column by
Rob Harlan, an article by Jay Stenger on gravel-pit bird habitats in
Ohio, a piece on Eurasian collared-doves in the state, a republished
account of spring migration at Cedar Point by Ed Thomas and Lou
Campbell, a note on yellow rails nesting in Pickaway County, and the
recent actions of the Ohio Bird Records Committee from Tom Kemp, plus
many interesting photos from contributors.
Enjoy and learn if you care to,
Bill Whan
Columbus