From:
"Laura C. Gooch" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:21:18 -0400
I helped Julie West band at the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes (Shaker
Heights, Ohio, old Delorme 41, quadrant A6) yesterday.  Banding was
pretty slow (11 birds banded total, alas), but there were a few new
arrivals hanging about. The Blue-Headed Vireo was very handsome, the
Pine Warblers were hopping around at eye level along the boardwalk, and
the Black-and-White Warbler who showed up in one of the nets at the end
of the morning was a pleasant surprise. Numbers are estimates.

Laura Gooch
Cleveland Heights

Location:     Shaker Lakes Nature Center
Observation date:     4/23/08
Notes:     Banding with Julie West. Clear to high partial clouds. Winds
calm early to 5-10 knots SW later. 60 to 75 F. Numbers are estimates.
Number of species:     44

Canada Goose     X
Wood Duck     2
Mallard     3