From:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2008 20:54:31 -0400
I spent the entire day birding today starting at Paul S. Metzger Park in
Westerville at 7:15 this morning and finally getting hom 12.5 hours later.

At Metzger Park

Canada Geese
Mallards
Blue-Winged Teal
Goldfinches
Tree Sparrows
American Robins
Mouring Doves
Cedar Waxwing
American Crow
Downy Woodpeckers
House Sparrows
Blue Jays
Song Sparrows
Northern Cardinals
Eastern Bluebirds (male chasing female)
Tufted Titmice (courting)
Carolina Chickadees
White-Breasted Nuthatches
Red-Winged Blackbirds

At Sharon Woods

Blue Jays (two of them were carrying nesting material)
Eastern Bluebirds (one of the females was carrying nesting material)
Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker
Hairy Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flickers
Brown Thrashers
Eastern Phoebes
Tree Swallows
Turkey Vultures
Eastern Towhees
Brown-Headed Cowbirds
Canada Geese
Horned Grebes
Blue-Winged Teals
American Coots

At Highbanks

Red-Tailed Hawks
Ring-Necked Ducks
Lesser Scaups
Hooded Mergansers
Wood Ducks
Black Ducks
Buffleheads
Northern Shovelers
Ruddy Ducks
Blue-Winged Teals
Horned Grebes

The fun didn't end there.  When I got home the regular pair of House
Finches was at my feeder.  Before long the Song Sparrow that feeds on the
ground under it showed uo two.  There were two redheads and a lesser scaup
on one of the ponds in the apartment complex.  There was also a nesting
goose near the same pond.  The female mallards have been absent for a
while.  I guess they're out sitting on their nests.

Al La Sala
Columbus
Baltimore Oriole
Dark-Eyed Juncos