OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2008

Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:04:02 -0400
As reported earlier, Glacer Ridge in the afternoon was a bust as far as the Godwit was concerned.  But I was able to hear, see, and photograph a greater yellowlegs. (Boy, they are loud!) Also all of the Solitarys I wanted, ten feet away.  Got some decent minnow eating shots. And a Green Heron engulfing a frog..that was a site to see the frog was almost as big as the herons head, but it got it down.  I met up with a lot of fellow birders today and photographers hoping that the Godwit was there.

I am planning to take my daughter to Columbus in the afternooon tomorrow.  I wanted to see if we could find it tomorrow.  So we'll try up at O'shons tomorrow.

It looks like I need to offer an apology for the bad directions I gave to the one person that I talked to from Cincinatti.  After seeing  the map here at home, It wasn't on the other side of the river. Sorry, I hope that you were able to find it.

Happy Birding and hope to see you tomorrow afternoon.

Steve Jones