OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2008

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:13:03 -0700
In addition to the six Surf Scoters seen to the east of Sims Park yesterday and today there were also 12-13 additional scoters seen to the west of the park this morning (10/26) after 10am.

Sims Park (seen east of the pier)
Surf Scoters 6 f
Red-breasted Mergansers - few more than yesterday

also at the same time:

Sims Park/Euclid City Park (seen far west of Sims)
Surf Scoters 2 f
10 Black Scoters

Initially I had to stand on the rocks by the beach edge at the west end of Sims to get a view as the elevated hill behind was too far back.  But I had a better view as they were closer to Euclid City Park which is where the senior center is(and you are more elevated) by going north on Babbitt and when it dead ends into Lakeshore Blvd just keep going north and wind around to senior center.  There might of been a couple more scoters but by the time I got to Euclid City Park I could only find 12 in that group.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH