OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2008

From:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:58:39 -0400
Thank you Jay for the post. As mentioned, Jack Stenger and I embarked
on a long-awaited birding expedition this morning to Delaware Wildlife
Area and then Big Island. We were not disappointed, as the highlight
of the day turned out to be a Hudsonian Godwit at Big Island. Most
shorebirds (11 species) we saw today were at Big Island. Here's a map
of where the godwit was:
http://tinyurl.com/42rgeq

Highlights from Delaware below:
Green-winged Teal       1
Lesser Yellowlegs       4
Sanderling         1, same place as previously reported at north end
of Delaware Lake, along 229
Pectoral Sandpiper      14
Wilson's Snipe  1
Marsh Wren      4
Hermit Thrush   1
Cape May Warbler- 3, at dorm at Ohio Wesleyan
Tennessee Warbler- 8, at dorm
Lincoln's Sparrow       3

Highlights from Big Island below:
Blue-winged Teal        7