OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:03:25 -0500
A friend of mine passed this story along to me. So for all of the eagle lovers out there near Dayton...Let's hope they stick around.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/02/14/ddn021409eagles.html.

Also a kind of a reminder that if you are planning to do any birding back in the wooded areas of Big Island, the Eagles will be laying eggs soon and the green Not trespassing signs will be going up after that. So the old pond areas will be off limits till May/June...A necessary evil I guess.  Still a lot of area open for birding but the old ponds will effectively be off limits...unless you have a scope :-)

Happy Birding and God Bless

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)

Psalm 103:4-6

 4 who redeems your life from the pit
       and crowns you with love and compassion,

 5 who satisfies your desires with good things
       so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

 6 The LORD works righteousness
       and justice for all the oppressed.