OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2009

From:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:14:23 -0400
Hi All-

For those of you planning your weekend birding,  the management at Mansfield Lahm Airport has given us "take-off" for viewing the Upland Sandpipers.

Please be certain to remain in the public parking area, and in no uncertain terms, do not enter any gated areas of the airport.  This is the home of the 179th Airlift Wing, Ohio Air National Guard -  and should be respected as such.

However, birders are once again welcome to view the Upland Sandpipers from the public parking area and we appreciate their efforts to accommodate our visits.

If you find yourself in the area of the afore mentioned Flyboys Cafe on Saturday June 27th, consider joining the Greater Mohican Audubon Society for the Bobolinks and Butterflies at Byers Woods.

A map of both birding areas can be found at www.gmasohio.org.

Good Birding,

Cheryl Harner
Richland County