OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:29:31 -0400
The Midwest Birding Symposium, September 17 - 20 in Lakeside, Ohio, is
history now.  It was an intense, high-energy weekend, and everyone who
attended is probably too happily exhausted to post anything to the
listserve.  We're not capable of being very articulate at this point,
either, but we just had to write something.  In our view, and in the
judgment of the scores of people we talked to at the symposium, this was a
fabulous event.  It was fun, educational, exciting, inspiring, and for the
many, many visitors from out of state (and from outside the U.S.), it
managed to shine a very positive light on the state of Ohio.  We have
nothing but the highest praise for Bird Watcher's Digest, Ohio
Ornithological Society, and the Lakeside Association for organizing and
hosting the event, and for the dozens of wonderful volunteers who made it
all possible.  Maybe we'll be able to say something more coherent in a day
or two, but in the meantime we just wanted to say Well Done,
Congratulations, and Thank You So Much to everyone involved.

Kenn and Kimberly Kaufman
Oak Harbor, Ohio