From:
Dick Beery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick Beery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2010 10:55:44 -0400
It has been a great morning and last evening at the feeders, here south of Shreve.

An Oriole showed up last evening for a few minutes, did not eat the feeder, but should be back as they have nested in the willows off the deck for the past two years.

This morning most of the usual suspects were there, including a flock of 10 Cow Birds, which are eating me out of house and home!
The cool visitors were the Oregon Dark Eyed Junco, Red Headed Woodpecker and as I switched windows I glanced out and thought the RHW had returned, but it was a Pileated, who landed on the deck railing right outside the living room window.  Stayed for about 15 seconds and then headed out.  Wish I had a remote camera setup.  I knew the Pileated were around as I have been hearing them and last week two of them flew across the valley while I was mowing.

This spring all 5 local Woodpeckers have either been at the feeders or in the trees beyond the deck. It has been a great time for viewing, while sitting in the living room.

Dick

Dick Beery
www.betterphoto.com?3oaks
330-465-7196