From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 16:21:33 -0400
A walk around noon at my uncle's farm yielded 33 species.  Of note:

Warblers:
Wilson's warbler (very unusual for me)
American redstart (1st year male, i.e. pale orangey yellow)
yellow warblers (4 territorial males; females were nest-building last week)
common yellowthroat (2 territorial males)

Flycatchers:
willow flycatchers (two calling)
empid. sp. (3)
eastern wood peewee (2 calling)
probable olive-sided flycatcher (not calling)
eastern kingbird
eastern phoebe - several 2010 fledglings, pretty independent-fun to watch!

FOY "farm" ruby-throated hummingbird - a female.

And a lot of "common stuff".  The robin's eggs at the "barn nest" still don't appear to have hatched.  Several song sparrows are carrying food.  One female common yellowthroat was very agitated when I walked by a tangle of multiflora rose along the creek.

Lots of mud and fungi, high humidity, and the mosquitoes were bad.  No wonder it was such a "flycatcher" day!  They are loving it.

Margaret Bowman
Licking Co., OH