From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 20:12:42 -0400
Blackbrook Audubon Society had their monthly field trip to Magee Marsh
today. We saw and heard 19 species of warblers. We also saw a Yellow-
bellied Flycatcher. Although, as many people have said already, we had NO
LUCK with the Kirtland's Warbler. On the boardwalk, there was also a very
late GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET! Here is the complete list from the boardwalk
and the East Beach:

Canada Goose
Trumpeter Swan
Mallard
Snowy Egret
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Forster's Tern
Common Tern
Mourning Dove
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Black-billed Cuckoo
Chimney Swift
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker-heard
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
Willow Flycatcher
Least Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
Warbling Vireo
Philadelphia Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
Purple Martin
Tree Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse-heard
House Wren
Marsh Wren-heard
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Veery
Swainson's Thrush
Wood Thrush-heard
American Robin
Gray Catbird
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Bay-breasted Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
American Redstart
Prothonotary Warbler
Northern Waterthrush
Connecticut Warbler- near Sportsmen Center
Mourning Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Wilson's Warbler
Canada Warbler
Scarlet Tanager
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Rose-breasted Grosbeak-heard
Indigo Bunting
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
House Finch-heard
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

At Metzger Marsh, there were 3 Ruddy Turnstones and about 6-7 Common
Moorhen with 1 Pied-billed Grebe.

Also at Ottawa NWR, nothing really except a hummer.

Lastly, on Stanges Road, there was Horned Lark, American Kestral, and
Northern Mockingbird.

Good Birding,
Cole F. DiFabio
Madison Ohio