From:
Aaron Milenski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Milenski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 13:34:05 -0400
There's still very little variety of warblers in the cemetery, but today
was a lovely day for other birds, with the highlight being a gorgeous
and very cooperative scarlet tanager that was in plain view for a good
15 minutes and then returned when I walked back through with my
lunch half an hour later.

The cemetery was also loaded with swallows, with the rough wings in
particular flying so close to the ground that they almost crashed into
me.

Here's a list:

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker     1 (female)
Tree Swallow     a few
Northern Rough-winged Swallow     a lot
Barn Swallow   tons
American Robin     X
Gray Catbird     20ish
European Starling     X
Yellow Warbler     5 (all together in the same tree)
Yellow-rumped Warbler     1
Scarlet Tanager     1
Chipping Sparrow     3
Rose-breasted Grosbeak     1 (female)
Common Grackle     5
Baltimore Oriole     2 (male and female)
House Finch     10
House Sparrow     X
Northern Flicker  5