From:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 15:59:56 -0400
Last night my Husband and I went for our nightly walk.  Came across a flock of Cedar Waxwings.  While watching them,  we heard a Warbling Vireo singing.  Then I saw it,  but it wasn't the one singing.  Soon after,  we saw her go into the nest.  This is our first Warbling Vireo nest that we have found around our house.

Last Sunday,  5/23/10 we went to Hogback Ridge in hopes of seeing and hearing Cerulean Warblers.  We have always had good luck here as they nest here.  No such luck on this Sunday.  The Red-eyed Vireos were everywhere and very vocal.  I counted 20 easily plus more!  There were a couple of hooded warblers,  1 Turkey and 1 Pileated Woodpecker;  otherwise it was quiet.  I was disappointed because I saw nor heard any Cerulean Warblers on the big days down at Headlands or up at Craine Creek.  So,  we headed to Morgan Swamp.  It did not disappoint us.  Right from the observation deck one was singing and strutting his stuff.

Night Hawks also have been few and far between.  We did have 3 at Headlands on Saturday 5/22/10 about 6:30PM.

Sally Isacco
Chardon