OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
"Boutis, Nick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boutis, Nick
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:46:29 -0500
Hello all,

We held the first-ever Greene County CBC on Saturday.  About 25 observers
came out to help, which was great.  We were able to cover nearly all of the
principal parks/preserves in the count circle.

Most common bird were (surprise, surprise) starlings.  We also found good
numbers of robins at multiple locations.  Most unusual sighting was probably
an Eastern Phoebe reported at Glenn Thompson Reserve.

In Glen Helen, we had 2,524 birds representing 39 species (up 3 from last
year).  In the overall count circle, we had 5,846 birds representing 50
species.  Here is the complete list:

 Great Blue Heron: 4

 Turkey Vulture: 31

 Black Vulture: 8