OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Ned Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ned Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2010 23:07:12 -0500
A couple of people who read this list in digest format have reported
receiving parts of the digests as gibberish. This is a problem that is
inherent in listserv, the software that runs our mailing list. It's
ancient, but it's what our host, Miami University, uses, and it's free.

Everyone can help to avoid this problem be writing your messages in
plain, unformatted text. If you usually send messages in HTML (colored
text, fancy fonts, etc.) then your messages are the ones that may not be
getting through.

Of course, some people will continue to send other than text messages,
some because they don't know how to change it, and some because they
just can't be bothered to change it. If you want to read those folks'
messages in digest format, your best chance is to set your options to
get the traditional digest, and not the HTML or MIME digest. To do that,
follow the link near the end of every ohio-birds message, log in with
your email address, and change to traditional digest format. Or, send an
email to [log in to unmask], with a blank subject, and the
single line in the body of the message, "set ohio-birds nomime digest"
(no signature, just that one line).

Hope this helps.

--
--