From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:40:33 -0400

To anyone planning a visit to the Evans Lake area today. Be aware! That there is no access to Evans Lake from CR163 (North Lima Road). This is the road that follows the dam and goes by the base of the spillway. If you try to view the lake from anywhere on the dam you will be cited and fined! I would suggest accessing from SR164 via Calla Road, on the west side of the lake. Drive to the bottom of the hill and scan to the left. Do not trespass near the houses or the golf course. Seven of us were there at about 5:30PM yesterday afternoon. Craig Holt, Ben Morrison, Shari Jackson, Jeff Harvey, my wife Denise, Ryan, and myself. Some of the birds seen were:  Western Grebe ~ 1,   Red-necked Grebe ~ 1,   Red-throated Loon ~ 2,   American White Pelican ~ 2,  Forster's Tern ~ 2,  just to name a few. I do not think it is a good idea to have to many visitors to this area!!!  Good luck to anyone that visits tomorrow, one of us will probably be around.

Bob Lane / Mahoning~Columbiana County