Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:44:45 -0400
While running some errands today I stopped by the Alum Creek Park Bike
Trail in Westerville. The rufous morf Eastern Screech Owl is still roosting in
the beam of the steel bridge. Today it was at the extreme NW end rather
than out  by the first beam joint. If you still need a screech owl for 2011
here is your  opportunity.

To get there take Cleveland Avenue to West Main Street, turn east on W.
Main Street until you get to where the bridge is being replaced, turn right
onto  College View and look for the ORANGE temporary entrance sign for the
bike trail.  Park at the edge of the lot and the trail will be to your left and
the small  pond straight ahead. Follow the trail until you reach the
bridge. Best view is  from the center-south of the bridge as it lets you see the
owl without a beam  across its face. While there look for other birds along
the trail. There is an  active Red-tailed Hawk nest mid way tot he bridge. It
will be to your left and  fairly high up.

Charlie Bombaci