Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 23:30:51 -0500
Greetings all,

A truly phenomenal day to be in northwest Ohio: from the Magee Marsh
boardwalk and beaches to Ottawa and Metzger Marsh. Beyond point blank
looks at Connecticut, Mourning, and loads of others of the 26 warbler
species ( including a single late Yellow-throated ), we scored great
vireo and flycatcher diversity ( including Acadian Fly and multiple
Philadelphia Vireos ).  I personally had 105 species just on the
boardwalk and beaches, today.

Additional regional highlights included four Upland Sandpipers on the
west side of Stange Road, just west of Ottawa.

D. Gesualdo spotted a lone ibis in flight over Metzger Marsh around
7:30 pm. We subsequently had great views of the bird through bins and
scope: an adult GLOSSY IBIS ( one flight photo taken by I. Krise ).
Also, a single male Yellow-headed Blackbird was watched for an
extended period of time looking directly south from the 3rd pull off.
Blackbird in full raucous sound...

Sent from my iPod