From:
Avi Eitam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avi Eitam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 21:02:32 -0400
USDA-APHIS, Ohio Department of Agriculture, and ODNR Division of Forestry
will have a display on invasive forest pests at the Ottawa National Wildlife
Refuge visitor center during the Biggest Week in American Birding.  We are
particularly interested in detecting any infestations of Asian longhorned
beetle, a devastating pest of maples and other hardwood trees.  We request
that you examine at least ten host trees for signs of infestation
(preferably during the summer), and report both positive and negative
findings to BeetleDetectives.com.  Please come by the display and pick up a
pamphlet, ID card, and/or magnet.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 614-322-4706 or

Thank you and happy birding!

Avi Eitam