OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2011

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2011 15:20:54 -0400
Today at Guilford Lake, at about 11AM, we relocated the male Ruddy Duck previously reported, and initially seen on Wednesday June 22nd. This gorgeous male in breeding plumage, bright blue bill and all, was just west of the island at the entrance to Campground Bay. Our viewing today was from the restroom area at the Guilford Lake State Park Campground on the north side of the lake. The adjacent shorelines in this area have some stands of cattails for the Ruddy to get away from the boaters. In our three hour visit to the lake we recorded 67 species of birds, including one of the resident Bald Eagles and a single Ring-billed Gull. Bob and Denise Lane