OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2011

From:
Robert Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:09:46 -0700
Hello All,
I just wanted to post and give a heads to any birders in the Hilliard area.  Today I was driving North on Rome-Hilliard Road and saw what could have been an Anhinga.  There was construction going on and traffic was heavy, so my look was not great, but Anhinga was the general impression that the bird gave me.   It had the correct body shape and was flapping with intermittent short glides. Also the flight was in a circular direction as if it was trying to gain altitude. The exact area of the sighting was on the east side of Rome Hilliard near it's  intersection of Robert's Road.

Good birding,
Brad Sparks
Reynoldsburg, OH