OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2011

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:47:14 -0500
The hummingbird that has been at the Lane residence in the town of Damascus, Mahoning County; since Thursday November 10th, was banded this morning by Allen Chartier at 9:30AM. It was identified as an adult female Rufous Hummingbird. The chubby little girl weighed in at a whopping 4.3 grams. Today is Day #13 of the celebrity visitors stay. Our guest has been wonderfully photo documented by both Jim Dolan and Dane Adams. We have enjoyed watching the daily comings and goings of this little ball of energy. Birders dream of finding that ultimate yard bird; my wife Denise has been lucky enough to have this colorful dynamo; and back in 2005, two Black-billed Magpies. What next?

Bob Lane