From:
Sharon Hamersley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Hamersley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:44:01 -0400
We spent most of the day starting around 10 AM birding the boardwalk and
later in the afternoon the Crane Creek loop path. Not that many warblers
although it's certainly possible we missed some.  The GH owl was actually
1 or possibly 2 owlets hiding in a snag at the west end of the parking
lot.  The eagle was seen as we were driving out of the park, just south of
the open wetlands area.  List as best I could get it:

15 (at least) Canada Goose
2 Trumpeter Swan
8 Blue-winged Teal
3 Great Blue Heron
4 Great Egret
1 Bald Eagle
17 American Coot
2 Killdeer
20 Least Sandpiper
1 American Woodcock
1 Caspian Tern
3 Common Tern
2 Forster's Tern
1 (possibly 2)Great Horned Owl
2 Northern Flicker
Many (likely several hundred total) Tree Swallow
3 Red-breasted Nuthatch
1 House Wren
1 Winter Wren
2 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
1 Golden-crowned Kinglet
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
1 Veery
1 Gray Catbird
1 Brown Thrasher
1 Cedar Waxwing
2 Ovenbird
1 Black-and-white Warbler
1 Nashville Warbler
2 Yellow Warbler
2 Palm Warbler
22 Yellow-rumped Warbler
4 Eastern Towhee
1 Song Sparrow
15 White-throated Sparrow
Many (probably hundreds of) Red-winged Blackbird
1 Rusty Blackbird
Many (again likely hundreds of) Common Grackle.

As Kenn Kaufman says, a bad day at Magee is better than a good day most
other places...

And then we drove home in the rain.  Good birding, Sharon
Columbus, OH north of Waterman Farms