OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2013

From:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 13:11:56 -0400
Greetings-

In an extremely bizarre turn of events:: yesterday afternoon I received information through the birding grapevine (a couple of texts---one that i copied and sent to the listserv) that Tom had found said kite in Hancock county. In speaking with folks last night about the sighting, Jeff Loughman found that the original grapevine-reporter had made all of the information up. Not as a joke, nor with malice, but from complete disjunct with reality, unfortunately. I do not know the original reporter --who stated they had received a call from Tom about his finding a ST Kite--but I know Tom and Jeff well, thus forwarded the info quickly to ohiobirds when it was texted to me by Jeff. An unfortunate and completely bizarre situation.

Back to birds-

JB
CLE, OH