From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2014 12:24:21 -0700
I was at Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks (now part of Euclid Creek Reservation) which is off of Lakeshore Blvd & E. 174th St. on Lake Erie for a few hours.  There are currently five Great Egrets in the new wetland in Wildwood.  I ran into Mark Anderson who said there were three of them late yesterday.  Also saw two Blue-winged Teal along the wetland edge.  From year to year you occasionally see a few during migration in the same area but the new wetland seems better for them.

Didn't see a lot of new stuff, not as many sparrows, mostly Song Sparrows, few Juncos, few Eastern Towhees calling.  Couple Winter Wrens, Brown-headed Cowbirds, only one Eastern Phoebe.  Saw Fox Sparrows in two locations.  One near entrance to field then when I went back they were gone.  As I was walking back to my car near the Lakeshore parking lot found three in the ravine in the Villa Angela side between the road and the fence line of the library.  Saw approx. 25 Scaup (few Greater) in the marina with seven Bufflehead, more Red-breasted Mergansers along the lake than seen recently.  Multiple groups of Double-crested Cormorants seen flying along the lake and a few in marina.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, oH