From:
Chris Swan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Swan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2015 22:41:25 -0400
Hey All!

First off I would like to clear the air and say I'm not mad or upset about not getting info about the Loggerhead Shrike yesterday. It's no ones fault but my own for not subscribing to all outlets of information that are available.  The situation stinks because we were on Rt. 2 driving by Fairport Rd. at exactly the same time the bird was first seen... Oh well. It makes me think of all the birds I've missed while out birding. I look left and a killer bird is sitting on a branch on the right. I look up and something great flys through the brush by my feet. I'm positive it happens to even the most seasoned birders.

The few rare birds I've found I've only posted to Ohio Birds Listserv. Sooooo the people that are only on Facebook may have missed the posts. And therefore missed the birds. I guess it goes both ways.

Personal opinion, Listserv has to be the fastest and easiest way to post but Facebook seems to be the way of the masses of the present and future. I guess you just have to pick your poison. Those who are not on Facebook, maybe it's time to breakdown (like me) and finally join. Maybe Listserv needs to be pushed to the younger birding generation by the old school. Maybe someone needs to come up with a way to connect the two? Evolve or become extinct.

Chris Swan

Sent from my iPhone