From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 10:43:57 -0400
Attached is my birding report from the bluffs for this morning.  There were a lot of waxwings and had I stayed along the lake my total would have exceeded 1,000.  Except for the breeding warblers, most of the migrants were females.  Of note was a late horned grebe.

Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark--Lane Rd., Lake, US-OH
May 27, 2015 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
4.3 mile(s)
Comments: Covered the Bluffs Trail west of Lane Road and also walked to the south end of the property west of Lane Road.

Most of the migrant warblers were along the woods along the north and west sides of the trail. There were quite a few female warblers today.
87 species

Canada Goose 11
Mallard 1
Horned Grebe 1 One molting bird still showing mainly winter plumage with a little bit of reddish on the neck.
Double-crested Cormorant 2
Great Blue Heron 1
Green Heron 2
Turkey Vulture 34