From:
Anna Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2016 12:40:23 -0400
Very Windy at Blendon Woods but this didn't seem to hamper the birds.
The most birds were located on the Thoreau Lake trail. Songbirds were especially numerous in the field to the right of the area where the path forks in two towards the lake bird blinds. We saw phoebes, towhees, bluebirds, flickers, pileated, and FISP all in this area around 9:30am. A scope was beneficial in viewing these birds.

Temperatures 40-45 degrees. Wind Gusts to 30mph
Time Spent Birding: 8:00 am - 10:22 am

Here's the List

Nature Center

10   Wild Turkey (4 males, 6 females)
5     American Goldfinch
1     HOSP
House Finches
WB Nuthatches
Downy WP

Thoreau Lake Trail

2     Pileated Woodpeckers
2     Brown Creepers
4     GC Kinglet
5     Field Sparrow
6     Song Sparrow
2     Eastern Towhee (male and female, male singing)
10+ Northern Flickers
3     Eastern Phoebe
2     Chipping Sparrow
2     Eastern Bluebird
2     Fox Sparrows
2     Turkey Vulture
7     BH Cowbird
3     White-throated Sparrow
2     Red-bellied WP
8+   Northern Cardinal
2     Morning Dove
... also numerous Juncos, jays, titmice, robins, and chickadees.

Thoreau Lake (seen through bird blinds)

1    Fox Sparrow
5+  Canada Goose
6    Ring-necked Duck
2    Mallard (male and female at bird feeder in right blind)
6    Wood Duck (3 males, 3 females)
2    Gadwall
5    Pied-billed Grebes
1    DC Cormorant