From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:51:43 +0000
I wasn't sure what the weather was going to do so I had a late start but found some good birds. Heard my FOY Wood Thrush, always a welcome song which heralds spring for me. Finally found at least one & likely 2, Pine Warblers. The light was terrible & they were high in a pine but I finally got a good look at one of them. The two birds were feeding near one another & s/t chased each other so I'm pretty sure there were 2. Oddly, I never heard their song. While I was trying to get on the Pine Warbler, a Yellow-throated Warbler was singing & finally came into view. Then a Red-breasted Nuthatch flew into the same tree!
Some emergency vehicles sounding their sirens went by which set off gobbling by at least one Wild Turkey. Did not see it/them.
Warblers
Pine FOS
Yellow-throatedLa WTYellow-rumpedN Parula

White-eyed VireoBG GnatcatcherRuby-crowned Kinglet--singing & calling
Wood Thrush FOS
E BluebirdRed-breasted Nuthatch FOSWild TurkeyTree Swallow--pair investigating nest boxWPs: Red-bellied, Downy, Hairy, N FlickerSparrows: White-throated, Field, Song
Peggy WangGranville