From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2018 21:08:09 -0400
Good evening,

This morning, Chia and I arrived at Headlands Dunes SNP (Lake County) at
sunrise, only to be awarded shortly after (6:18 am) with a very high flock
of 51 Whimbrel headed practically due north. An excellent spot by Chia, and
a first for Lake for this species for both of us. Although warblers, both
in species and in individuals overall, were down significantly in the area,
there were still a couple other notable birds around, such as American
Woodcock, Olive-sided Flycatcher, Yellow-bellied Flycatcher and at least
400 Cedar Waxwings. A link to the eBird report, including pics, can be
viewed here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46004645
South winds are forecasted for tonight so tomorrow could possibly produce
interesting birds.

Good birding.
--
Cole DiFabio