OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2012

From:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:51:49 -0500
Fellow snowed in birders,

     No parrots seen this morning, but otherwise a good start to the Snowy
day contest.  Have seen 18 species so far and heard one,  Red Shouldered
Hawk.  Highlights include Sapsucker, Hairy, Brown creeper, White crowned
sparrow, and TWO CHIPPING SPARROWS.

     As I've said in the past, we have almost an unfair advantage with our
60 acre "yard" with three feeder stations, and lots of birds.

     Thanks, as always, to Sue for "sponsoring" this great contest.  She
should try to get some corporate sponsors who would put up big bucks for
larger prizes, perhaps even a trophy, like a bronzed House finch.

joe in the woods
Somerset, Ohio
Perry County

Note:  Many have suggested video of the Parrot feeding wild birds.  It
shall be done.