From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:55:05 -0700
I went to Villa Angela and Wildwood State Parks in Cleveland this afternoon.  I ran into Jeanne Hrenko and walked with her part of the time.  Not as birdy as Tuesday when Jeanne had a Waterthrush, Black-and-White Warbler and Gray Catbird.  I got pictures later that day of what turned out to be a Louisiana Waterthrush in the wet woods south of the lake in Villa Angela.  Today saw less of the usual migrating/new birds.  Today I found Solitary Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper and pair of juvenile Hooded Mergansers on Euclid Creek in Wildwood.  Two Common Loons in the marina in breeding plumage, seven Lesser Scaup.  Several White-throated Sparrows, Savannah Sparrow, Field Sparrow, Swamp Sparrows. More Barn Swallows seen, Tree Swallows, one Winter Wren, few Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Eastern Phoebes, could not find Fox Sparrows today.  Few Kinglets (more Ruby-crowned) few Gray-gnatcatchers, and the usual Hermit Thrush, Brown Thrashers, Eastern Towhees.

Came home early this afternoon 12:40pm and found a male Purple Finch hanging around black oil-seed feeder and in trees a little tentative with me sitting in chair on patio.  When I returned home around 5:45pm the Purple Finch was on the ground for a short time eating the same stuff.  I never see the males in my backyard.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
Cuyahoga County
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/