From:
Rebecca Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:53:33 -0400
 The Ottawa NWR Blue Goose Bus Trip went to Cedar Point NWR again today.
It was a really great start with worm-eating warbler and then a Franklin's
gull.   It was then a little slow the rest of the trip.  We did manage 80
species for the trip, including a great horned owl chick and a screech owl.

These free trips will go to varying locations over the next few weeks
including Darby Marsh, Cedar Point NWR and the north closed areas of Ottawa
NWR.
The bus is small so we do need people to register, but you can do so by
simply calling 419-898-0014 and speaking to the person working the
reception desk.

Cedar Point NWR, Lucas, US-OH
Apr 25, 2013 8:20 AM - 11:20 AM
80 species

Canada Goose  70
Trumpeter Swan  4
Wood Duck  4
Gadwall  1
American Black Duck  2
Mallard  1
Blue-winged Teal  20
Northern Shoveler  6
Green-winged Teal  50
Canvasback  2
Greater Scaup  1
Lesser Scaup  5000
Bufflehead  2
Ruddy Duck  325
Pied-billed Grebe  2
Horned Grebe  2
Double-crested Cormorant  14
Great Blue Heron  55
Great Egret  40
Green Heron  1
Black-crowned Night-Heron  3
Northern Harrier  1
Bald Eagle  5
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Virginia Rail  1
Sora  2
American Coot  2
Killdeer  2
Spotted Sandpiper  3
Greater Yellowlegs  1
Dunlin  27
Bonaparte's Gull  215
Franklin's Gull  1     Bird seen on Potter's Pond sandbar with other gulls
and terns by all field trip attendees.
Ring-billed Gull  100
Herring Gull (American)  75
Caspian Tern  12